- Background and Context
- Information for Program Directors
- Information for the Applicants
- Key Deadlines
- Prior to the Standardized Acceptance Process (SAP), there was a lot of heterogeneity in timetables for interviews and offers across programs.
- The purpose of the SAP is to allow both programs and candidates to have adequate time to complete the interviews before offers are made.
- The SAP was first implemented in January of 2017. It was then implemented in January of 2018 when the first-choice match policy was introduced.
- The SAP policy is updated each year by the ACPM based on program director and candidate feedback.
- Around ¾ of eligible GPM/PH residency programs participate in the SAP.
- Information relevant to program directors is described here
- Information relevant to Applicants is described here
- Oversight of Program participation and review of proposed process changes will be provided by ACPM Graduate Medical Education Subcommittee: The Program/Applicant Pairing Team or an otherwise constituted group of ACPM members and staff. Care should be taken by ACPM to avoid any real or perceived conflicts of interest in the oversight of the ACPM-SAP, such as inclusion of ACPM members with formal teaching affiliations with any PH/GPM residency Programs, unless such members are needed for requisite knowledge, skills and expertise, but only if such conflict of interest is fully disclosed by the member, and appropriately reviewed and waived by ACPM.
- To participate in a selection cycle, Programs will pay $250.00 to ACPM. Fees will be payable online by credit card or by check.
|Indicate participation in the SAP||September 17 – September 30|
|Info session for Programs (please reach out to SAP@acpm.org for the session recording)||November 12|
|Info session for Applicants (recording available here)||November 19|
|LAST DAY for Programs register on the SAP website||December 1 11:59 p.m. ET|
|LAST DAY for Applicants register on the SAP website||January 21, 2022 11:59 p.m. ET|
|Applicants submit their rank list on the SAP website||January 24 – 28, 11:59 p.m. ET|
|Programs submit their rank list on the SAP website||February 1 – February 4|
|Program/Applicant SAP Pairing Period||February 7 – 11|
|Initial Notification Meeting||February 14|
|ACPM posts SAP results to SAP Website (available ONLY to the Programs)||February 14, 9:00 a.m. ET|
|ACPM has closed video conference with Programs. If applicable, programs raise concerns/issues with ACPM; ‘Mini-audits’ if needed||February 14, 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. ET|
|ACPM posts SAP results to SAP Website||February 14, 2:00 p.m. ET|
|Website results available to Programs and Applicants based on user role-PDs see programs, slots, and Applicant names… Applicants see Programs and slots||February 14, 2:00 p.m. ET|
|Programs formally extend offers to their paired/matched; Applicants accept offers from their paired/matched; Applicants accept offers from their paired/matched Programs; Programs notify ACPM of formal offer/acceptance|
|ACPM releases list of unpaired Applicants to unfilled Programs; and list of unfilled Programs to unpaired Applicants (per Program/Applicant request).|
|Unfilled Programs and Unpaired Applicants contacts; interviews; and offers/acceptances. Notify SAP if/when offer is accepted, and SAP rules apply for posted/accepted offers.||February 14 – February 25|