ACPM is governed by a Board of Regents, which is composed of four Executive Officers and seven Regents-at-Large.
The Board is guided by ACPM’s bylaws, strategic plan, and codes of ethics to assure the highest level of professionalism for the College and the membership in the practice of preventive medicine. Committees of the Board support a range of strategic functions relevant to preventive medicine and various member sub-specialties.
We are currently accepting applications to serve on committees here. All volunteers must also complete our conflict of interest form here.
Nominations for service on the Board of Regents are accepted annually November to January.
Standing Committees of the Board
The Executive Committee conducts the business of the College between meetings of the Board and serves as the College’s compensation and personnel committee. Except as provided for in Article III, Section 8 of the bylaws or by specific limiting policies enacted by the Board, the Executive Committee has the full authority of the Board of Regents.
- Chair: President M. "Tonette" Krousel-Wood, MD, MSPH, FACPM
The Governance Committee is responsible for reporting to the Board on proposed changes in the Articles of Incorporation, Bylaws, and Board Manual. The committee coordinates annual board and regent evaluations and serves as the College’s nominating committee, including nominations for the Slate for the Board of Regents.
- Chair: Secretary Sandra Guerra, MD, MPH, FACPM
The Ethics Committee reviews and recommends revisions to the American College of Preventive Medicine Code of Ethics and other ethics-related documents of the College. It monitors the activities of the College, and advises the Board and management on ethical issues confronting the College.
The Finance Committee is responsible for annual budget review and approval; review of the annual audit and liaison with external accountants; quarterly reports to the Board on the College’s financial status, investment strategies, and policies; and determination of capital requirements. An independent audit subcommittee reviews the annual audit.
- Chair: Treasurer Joannie (Jo) Shen, MD, MPH, PhD, FACPM
- Vice Chair: James A. Tacci, MD, JD, MPH, FACPM, FACOEM
The Strategy Committee regularly reviews the College’s strategy documents, ensures strategic priorities are aligned within the organization, and provides member and regent professional development opportunities through coordinated leadership with each of the chairs of the committees of the College.
- Chair: Preident-elect Mirza Rahman MD, MPH, FACPM
Committees of the College
To serve and be a member on a Committee, individuals shall be active members of ACPM. Terms are two years.
The Membership Committee is charged with ensuring a collective strategy of membership recruitment, engagement, cultivation, and retention, as well as reviewing fellowship applications.
- Board Liaison: Sam Shekar, MD, MPH, FACPM
- Chair: Maria Mora-Pinzon, MD, MS, FACPM
- Vice-Chair: Prasad Acharya, MD
Science and Translation Committee
The Science and Translation Committee is charged with providing evidence-based guidance for the various forms of preventive medicine practice: clinical, community and population, policy, and advocacy. The purpose and functions of the committee are to:
- Develop evidence reviews of strategically selected topics to advance the work of the College and support preventive medicine practice.
- Translate evidence (from extant or new reviews) into useful clinical, population health practice, policy and implementation recommendations and guidance, and/or ACPM position statements for organizational or membership-led advocacy efforts.
The committee will have two subcommittees (Evidence Review and Practice and Policy Guidelines) to lead the work of this strategic group.
- Board Liaison: Catherine Witkop, MD, MPH, FACPM
- Chair: David Niebuhr, MD, MPH, MSc, FACPM
The Advocacy Committee is charged with creating and maintaining “ACPM Position Statements” that guide the advocacy initiatives of the College. The Advocacy Committee is also charged with helping lead the College’s member advocacy efforts and initiatives.
- Board Liaison: Jason Spangler, MD, MPH, FACPM
- Chair: Patrick Remington, MD, MPH
- Vice-Chair: Andrew Karasick, MD, MBA, MPH
The Education Committee is charged with developing and designing an integrated educational program that advances our pipeline/foundation of educational work—CME/MOC, GME, UME (subcommittees or Vice Chairs to lead these parts of the work). This Committee will also vet development plans by staff for new products and allied partnerships/ventures.
- Board Liaison: Joe Iser, MD, DrPH, MSc, FACPM
- Chair: Michele Soltis, MD, MPH, FACPM
Continuing Medical Education (CME)/Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Subcommittee
The Continuing Medical Education (CME)/Maintenance of Certification (MOC) subcommittee is charged with supporting the ACPM Education Committee to develop and design an integrated educational program to advance the knowledge, skills, and professional performance of College members and other medical professionals seeking continuing education in the practice of preventive medicine.
- Chair: Tisha Titus, MD, MPH, FACPM
- Vice Chair: Soju Chang, MD, MPH, FACPM
Graduate Medical Education Subcommittee
The Graduate Medical Education Subcommittee is charged with supporting residency directors in their role of training the next generation of Preventive Medicine physicians. Additionally, the Subcommittee is responsible for the planning and delivery of the annual Residency Directors’ Workshop, oversight of the Standardized Acceptance Process, and representation at national organizations to increase visibility and awareness.
- Chairs: Liz Garland, MD, MS, FACPM and Heather O’Hara, MD, MSPH
Undergraduate Medical Education Subcommittee
The charge of the UME Subcommittee is to promote the inclusion of preventive medicine topics and training experiences into undergraduate medical programs.
- Chair: Penny Stern, MD, MPH, FACPM
Conference Planning Committee
The Conference Planning Committee is charged with developing and designing an engaging and educationally sound experience for ACPM members/potential members that advances the ACPM mission.
- Board Liaison: Michael Crupain, MD, MPH, FACPM
- Chairs: Katrina Rhodes, MD, MPH, FACPM
- Vice-Chair: Richard Bruno, MD, MPH, FAAFP, FACPM