The Board of Regents (BOR) Excellence in Preventive Medicine Science Award recognizes significant scientific achievements of a preventive medicine physician. Launched last year, the BOR Scientific Excellence Fund recognized 3 trainees for outstanding poster presentations. This year, the Board agreed to extend the Award to provide ongoing and future opportunities to recognize scientific excellence in preventive medicine.
Deadline for nominations: January 16, 2023
Submit Nominations Here.
For all questiosns regarding nominations, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
CV (uploaded via the nominations form)
One-page summary of preventive medicine science achievements/advances (uploaded via the nominations form)
Up to two examples of scientific achievements (e.g., representative/noteworthy publications/ reports) (uploaded via the nominations form)
Award Criteria and Selection
Nominations will be scored on a scale of 1-5 (1 – strongly agree to 5 – strongly disagree) in the following areas:
- Original Research/scholarship
- High quality science
- Evidence of dissemination of results
- High impact of science on the practice of preventive medicine
A subgroup of the Board will review and score nominations based on the above and prioritize nominees based on scoring. A full vote of the Board will identify the final recipient.
Awardee RecognitionThe recipient will be recognized across several ACPM channels, including the following:
- Presentation of plaque at the PM annual conference
- $1,500 monetary award for the individual or to support their ongoing scholarship
- 10-minute overview of scientific accomplishments at the opening plenary session
- AJPM journal feature/ ACPM newsletter/website feature: Meet the Expert