The program is not being offered for 2023. Please ckeck back for future updates.
“The ACPM-Otsuka program has provided me with an incredible opportunity to apply my training in science, medicine, and public health in new and unique ways. In my first year alone, I progressed from learning new vocabulary to coordinating multinational discussions about pharmacovigilance and patient safety with the support of the strong mentors and leaders at Otsuka. I would highly recommend this program to anyone interested in new and innovative ways of thinking about problems with broad impact.”
- Michael Jan, MD, PhD, MPH
Completed the ACPM-Otsuka Pharmacovigilance Physician Program
As a physician working at Otsuka in the Pharmacovigilance department, you will use your preventive medicine skills to support research and development of pharmaceutical drug and device products worldwide. You will gain exposure to and develop a broad expertise in global product safety and join an elite group of 22 previous program participants.Program Details
- 2-year program focused on evaluating the risk-benefit profile of pharmaceutical products throughout their lifecycles and working to maximize their benefit while reducing the risk to patients
- Focus includes developing treatments for neuroscience, and cardio-renal conditions, with an acute interest in areas of unmet need
- Located at Otsuka Pharmaceutical Development & Commercialization, Inc. (OPDC) in Princeton, NJ
- Medical degree (MD or DO) required and an MPH or MS preferred
- Completion of an accredited residency in Preventive Medicine
- ACPM Member
- Training in Epidemiology and Biostatistics
The application deadline for the 2022 program has passed. Please check back for details and deadlines around applying for the program in 2023. Note, the application requirements include a current CV and cover letter noting your specific qualifications.
For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.Timeline
The 2022 timeline is detailed below. The 2023 application deadline and interview timeline will be posted in mid-2023 - stay tuned!
Application Deadline: December 13, 2021
Phone Interviews: January 2022
In-Person Interviews: February 2022
Final Selection: February 2022
Program Start: July 2022