ACPM has developed a Population Health Integration Curriculum for preventive medicine physicians and healthcare professionals that addresses fundamental and topical areas directly relevant to the preventive medicine workforce. This curriculum is designed to equip medical professionals and health systems with the knowledge and skills necessary to develop care strategies tailored to the specific needs of their patient populations, and foster a culture of prevention.
ACPM has launched several Continuing Medical Education (CME)/Maintenance of Certification (MOC) courses for the curriculum that are available through ACPM's learning platform
COMING SOON!! NEW COURSE ON BUILDING LEADERSHIP BUY-IN: ACPM is developing a new course integrating strategies to achieve leadership buy-in and effectively manage change to create system-based transformation. The course will also equip physicians with practical, equitable approaches to influence change in diverse settings.
CME Courses available through ACPM’s Learning Portal
- Using Clinical Preventive Medicine to Improve Population Health Outcomes in Rural Areas
- Aligning Population Health Outcomes with Emerging Payment Models and Delivery System Reform Models
- Addressing Implicit Bias Among Physicians at the Clinical and System Levels
- Leveraging Health Information Technology (HIT) to Drive Innovation, Improve Population Health & Advance Health Equity
CME Courses being revised (available in Fall/Winter 2023)
- Systems Approaches to Support Improvements in Lifestyle and Detect, Treat and Prevent Chronic Disease at the Population Level (Course in development)
- Population Level Strategies to Reduce Disparities and Advance Health Equity (Course in development)
- Overview of Population Health in a Changing Healthcare Landscape
- Choosing and Using Performance Measures to Improve Population Health and Advance Health Equity (Course in development)
- Population Level Strategies to Influence Social Determinants of Health to Address Chronic Disease (Course in development)
- Effective Leadership, Engagement & Change Management to Transform the Health Ecosystem (Course in development)
LiteratureCharacteristics of Population Health Physicians and the Needs of Healthcare Organizations - American Journal of Preventive Medicine (ajpmonline.org)
Mira Agneshwar, MPH
ACPM Program Manager, Programs & Grants
Disclosure: This curriculum is supported by the American College of Preventive Medicine through a Cooperative Agreement (CDC-RFA-OT18-1802) with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Center for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support (CSTLTS) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). The contents are solely the responsibility of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of, nor an endorsement, by CDC/HHS, or the U.S. Government.