ACPM encourages members to advocate for the preventive medicine specialty and to ensure prevention is a cornerstone of health systems.
There are numerous ways to help advance our policy agenda, and any ACPM member who consistently contributes to our activities will be named an Advocacy Ambassador and receive recognition at the ACPM annual meeting.
To contribute, members can:
- Participate in ACPM’s annual Capitol Hill Day
- Attend an Advocacy Institute at the ACPM annual meeting
- Visit your member of Congress in Washington or your district
- Write a letter to your member of Congress
- Call a Congressional office
- Post on social media about key issues
- Attend ACPM’s advocacy webinars
- Submit comments on proposed regulations and legislation
- Provide testimony to legislators at the state, local or national level
Visit ACPM’s Action Centerfor specific ways to reach out to you member of Congress.