All dates are 2019. If you have any questions about the timeline or submission requirements, please contact the competition organizers.
- Project submission deadline – January 29 (11:59 p.m. EST)
- Result notifications – February 28 (11:59 p.m. EST)
- Project Facilitation Day – May 19 (Time TBD)
- Package submission deadline – May 19 (11:59 p.m. EDT)
- Result notifications – May 20 (11:59 p.m. EDT)
- Revised package submission deadline – May 21 (11:59 p.m. EDT)
- Live pitch session – May 23 (Time TBD)
- Result notifications – May 23 (11:59 p.m. EDT)
To enter in the contest, teams must submit a 3-minute narrated PowerPoint by January 29 (11:59 p.m. EST). Submissions received after the Round 1 submission deadline will not be considered.
Pitch presentations must:
- Define the problem you are proposing to solve
- Present your innovative solution
- Identify your team members (including at least one ACPM member)
- Include an audio narration (directions)
Judges will review all submissions and select the teams/projects that qualify for Round 2. Teams will be notified by email of the results by February 28.
To submit a project proposal, complete the contest submission form, filling in all fields and uploading your narrated presentation video (wmv files only).Submission Form
Teams selected to participate in Round 2 will be notified by February 28 and may start working together to create all required project package materials. (We recommend using Slack for collaborating virtually with your team members.)
One ACPM member from each team must also attend the in-person Project Facilitation Day to be held in Pittsburgh on May 19. The Project Facilitation Day will provide guidance on the project development phase. Team members will attend talks on the innovation process—e.g., contracting, intellectual property, budget, etc—and receive guidance from mentors on how to elaborate on their proposals.
Following the in-person event, a complete project package must be submitted by the end of the day, May 19 (11:59 p.m. EDT) and include all of the requirements listed in the Round 2 Project Package Submission Requirements document, including:
- Pitch presentation video (Examples A, Example B)
- Written project description
- References (optional)
- Budget and budget justification
Judges will review all package submissions and determine the teams/projects that qualify for Round 3. Teams will be notified by email of the the results the following day, May 20 (11:59 p.m. EDT).
Teams selected to participate in Round 3 will be notified by May 20 and are expected to make revisions to the project package based on feedback from the judges. A revised project package must be submitted by May 21 (11:59 p.m. EDT), following all instructions in the Round 3 Submission and Pitch Presentation document.
Also part of Round 3 is a live event on May 23, where teams will present their pitch to judges and audience members. Live pitch presentations:
- Cannot exceed five minutes (an additional four minutes to answer questions from the judges, for a total of nine minutes)
- Should be given by no more than two team members (additional team members may be available to answer questions)
- May not use any presentation slides
- May use props (an easel with a flip chart will be provided)
Please review the Round 3 Submission and Pitch Presentation document for a complete explanation of the required components and formatting.
All contest materials should be submitted through the DesignHack Submission Form on the ACPM website.Submission Form