ACPM values the Preventive Medicine residency programs and seeks to support program directors through its member-driven GME Committee and the Council of Preventive Medicine Residency Directors. Each group strives to provide additional resources and supports to directors based upon their needs.
– The Graduate Medical Education (GME) Committee is concerned primarily with improving, and being an advocate for, GME in all specialty areas of preventive medicine. GME Committee
Council of PMR Directors – The Council of Residency Program Directors serves as the organizational structure for information sharing and discussion which address issues of concern to these programs and can, as appropriate, make policy and activity recommendations to the Board of ACPM.
– A “best practices” tool for residency programs in general preventive medicine, general preventive medicine/public health, occupational medicine, and aerospace medicine. Residency Program Director's Manual
– ACPM convenes the only national meeting of preventive medicine residency program directors each year. The workshop is held in conjunction with the annual Preventive Medicine meeting. Residency Directors Workshop
– Directory of preventive medicine residency training programs by state Directory of Residency Programs
– List of core competencies and performance indicators (measures to assess their achievement) for all preventive medicine residents. Core Competencies
– Program Director guide to common residency program requirements for compliance with the Review Committee. Guide to Common Program Requirements
– The In Service Examination is administered annually, in August, as a way to enable residents and their directors to determine if there are specific areas where more study and experience are needed. In Service Examination
– The Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) sets standards for US graduate medical education programs and institutions. Accreditation Council for GME
– A comprehensive listing of the specialties currently participating in ERAS. Electronic Residency Application Service
– Get involved with policy. Congressional contact information for program directors on preventive medicine residency funding. Policy Resources
– PowerPoint presentation for individuals considering a career in preventive medicine. Recruiting Talk