May 24, 2017
ACPM will host a concurrent session on the 6|18 Initiative at the annual conference, Preventive Medicine 2017, on Wednesday, May 24 in Portland, Oregon. The session will introduce the audience to the CDC's 6|18 Initiative and provide two examples of successful implementation of the initiative. The draft agenda for the concurrent session, listed below, is subject to revision.
- Dean Seneca; CDC (to be confirmed)
Introduction & Overview of ACPM's HST Efforts
Overview of the CDC's 6|18 Initiative
- Laura Seeff, MD; Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (to be confirmed)
- Q and A (5 minutes)
Case Studies: Successes of 6|18 Implementation
- Catherine Witkop, MD, MPH; Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences
- Adrienne Mims, MD, MPH; Alliant Quality
Catherine Witkop, MD, MPH
Adrienne Mims, MD, MPH
Role of PM Physicians in Adopting and Advancing the 6|18 Initiative
- Christa Singleton, MD, MPH; Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (to be confirmed)
Q and A
- Current and Future ACPM Learning Opportunities in Health Systems Transformation
- Dani Pere, MPM; ACPM
At the end of the concurrent session, participants will be able to:
- Describe the 6|18 initiative including the eighteen evidence-based interventions developed to address the six health conditions
- Explore the challenges, opportunities and strategies, through case studies, for implementation of 6|18 initiative in various practice settings
- Analyze and describe how physicians can utilize evidence and collaborate with payers, public health and other stakeholders to achieve sustainable systems-based change.
- Identify the role of preventive medicine physicians in advancing the 6|18 initiative.