ACPM IS WORKING FOR YOU!
We are pleased to share with you just a few ways that ACPM has demonstrated leadership in action, on your behalf for the public, members, and the preventive medicine specialty.
Benefitting the Specialty and Public:
- In response to ACPM advocacy efforts, the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) allocated nearly four million dollars to PMR programs with an interest in exposing their residents to integrative medicine curricula; and to ACPM to act as the National Coordinating Center for Integrative Medicine.
- ACPM secured a proposed $20 million funding increase from the President to expand the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) state violent death surveillance program.
- ACPM, with support from more than a dozen partner organizations in medicine, led an effort to secure formal support from the AMA for the Prevention and Public Health Fund.
- Lobbying efforts secured an additional $750 million for community-based prevention activities as a result of the Affordable Care Act.
- Through a network of RPS members across the U.S., ACPM aims to monitor state licensure laws to ensure efforts to restrict licensure to physicians who practice population-based medicine are effectively stymied.
Benefitting our Members:
- ACPM has hosted several highly successful webinars 2013, on topics including career development, such as opportunities to practice preventive medicine in industry, lifestyle medicine, and how to become an ACPM Fellow, and on practice topics such as prescription drug abuse and nutrition counseling and education—at no additional cost to members.
- Provided educational program content from Preventive Medicine 2013—nearly 70 hours of CME and MOC—on an e-portal available to all ACPM members for FREE! Content from Preventive Medicine 2012 is also available online.
- ACPM members can now network with colleagues through our advanced website and social media resource, "Your Membership” (YM).
- Members may update their membership profile online, create and access file libraries, blogs, photo galleries, wikis, and much more. Additionally, members will be able to send private messages to, and engage in real-time chat with, other members and ACPM’s staff.
- ACPM has also expanded our presence on social media—engaging our members and other physician constituencies. We have increased our followers on Facebook and LinkedIn by 54% and 76% respectively and on Twitter by 25%, since this time last year.
- ACPM delivered another top-notch educational program and innovative networking opportunities at Preventive Medicine 2013. These include a new informatics and technology track, the first-ever ACPM-AJPM co-sponsored research symposium, and the successful launch of our first meeting app for Apple (iOs) and Android devices at Preventive Medicine 2013. More than 70% of attendees downloaded and used the app.
- ACPM has continued to provide first-class support to its members board-certified in Preventive Medicine to help them navigate the MOC system, including organizing an expert panel MOC session at the annual conference and providing online self-assessment, practice improvement tools for MOC Part IV geared toward the variety of practice settings of PM physicians.
- As you can see, we have achieved quite a bit in just one year. There is still much work ahead, and your membership renewal will help ACPM as we move forward to advance the specialty of preventive medicine.
In addition, you will continue receiving valuable membership benefits, such as:
- A complimentary subscription to the American Journal of Preventive Medicine (AJPM)* and ACPM Headlines
- Deep discounts on meetings and event registration
- CME/MOC credits at no additional charge (non-members pay $10 per credit!)
- Complimentary online access to ACPM’s Online Career Center
- Professional development resources, leadership opportunities, and MUCH MORE.
Renew your membership online today! Members may renew online through the ACPM website, by mail or fax. Renew online before 12/31/13 for an opportunity to win a 16GB Apple mini iPad! Wi-Fi, or other service plans are not included. Additional details about this offer are provided here.