Becoming an ACPM Fellow (FACPM)
Election as a Fellow of the American College of Preventive Medicine (FACPM) is an honor bestowed upon qualified candidates, by their peers on the ACPM Membership Committee. Fellows of the College are recognized for demonstration of significant efforts to advance the preventive medicine specialty and mission of ACPM.
Fellowship Application Process
Qualified candidates must submit an application for consideration by the ACPM Membership Committee. Qualified candidates are defined by the College and its Membership Committee as follows:
- Three consecutive years at the ACPM "MEMBER" level
- Current certification with the American Board of Preventive Medicine (ABPM), American Osteopathic Association (AOA), or another American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS) recognized board
- Demonstration of significant service contributions to the specialty of Preventive Medicine
Complete applications for fellowship will include:
- Documentation of current board certifications (ie. board certificates)
- Evidence of contributions to ACPM (see Fellowship Points Form for categories)
- Evidence of contributions to the specialty of preventive medicine (see Fellowship Points Form for categories)
Candidates accumulate points for each of the aforementioned categories. There is a minimum number of points which must be obtained. Applications will not be considered without documentation of your accomplishments in each category.
Please note, it is the candidate's responsibility to contact the necessary department representative at ACPM (in a timely fashion) to obtain documentation of meeting attendance, committee service; etc. and submit a complete application to the ACPM Membership Committee. ACPM staff will not add this information to your application.
Fellow nominations may be made by no less than two current Fellows of the American College of Preventive Medicine. Nominations are submitted in the form of two recommendation letters, which must accompany the candidate's application packet. Please login to our website and view the ACPM Online Membership Directory to locate Fellows you may know.
Application Review and Election
Fellowship application packets must undergo review by the ACPM Membership Committee. The Membership Committee will review all materials and convene in-person or via teleconference for discussion and voting on candidates for fellowship. ACPM members are notified of application submission deadlines through ACPM Headlines (e-newsletter) and our website.
- Please scan nominations (ie. recommendation letters), along with evidence of your accomplishments and contributions to the PM specialty and ACPM.
- Save your scanned documents as a PDF.
- To begin the Fellowship application process, access the ACPM Fellowship Points Form (members-only content) to review mandatory categories and opportunities for points accumulation. Document points claimed in each category.
- Upload your scanned PDF file (of supporting documentation).
- Pay $50 non-refundable application fee.
2012-2013 deadlines for submission of application materials (including nomination letters) are:
June 18, 2012 4:00PM (Eastern) - CLOSED
October 18, 2012 4:00PM (Eastern) - CLOSED
June 14, 2013 4:00PM (Eastern) - OPEN
September 20, 2013 4:00PM - NOT CURRENTLY OPEN
Please contact Camille Sanders, ACPM Membership Manager for assistance.