NPA 9th Annual Conference
Price, Profit & Reward: Winners & Losers
in Healthcare Transformation
October 24 & 25, 2014
In the New York City Metro Area
Friday – October 24 Location:
Consumer Reports National Research & Testing Center
101 Truman Avenue, Yonkers, NY 10703-1057
(914) 378-2000 ~ Map
(Private Group Tours of Testing Labs Included)
The National Physicians Alliance Annual Conference and Healthcare Summit will take place October 24 & 25, 2014 at the Consumer Reports National Research and Testing Center in Yonkers, New York, on the Hudson: “Price, Profit, & Reward: Winners and Losers in Healthcare Transformation,”
The meeting will bring together physicians, medical students, consumers, and innovators to wrestle with difficult issues surrounding cultural shifts required to achieve high value health care.
Confirmed speakers include:
– Elisabeth Rosenthal, MD—Senior writer for The New York Times, author of provocative 2013-14 series about high health care costs, "Paying Till it Hurts"
– Lauren Taylor, MPH—Co-author of The American Health Care Paradox: Why Spending More is Getting Us Less
– Steven D. Pearson, MD, MSc, FRCP—Founder & President of the Institute for Clinical & Economic Review
– Steve Woloshin MD—Professor of Medicine, Geisel School of Medicine, Dartmouth; Co-Director Medicine and the Media Program
– Lisa Schwartz, MD, MS—Professor of Medicine, of Community Medicine and of the Dartmouth Institute; Co-Director Medicine and the Media Program
Speakers will address rating systems, controversial screening tests, Open Payments, and how to help patients deal with complex scientific evidence. Saturday will be structured as an interactive summit focused on Public Good, Price, Waste, and Overtreatment.
Registration, program, and hotel information are available at this link: http://npalliance.org/npa-2014-annual-conference/