A National Health Security Card – The Time is Now!
April 24-26 in San Antonio, Texas
Registration is now open for the conference A National Health Security Card – The Time is Now! being held from April 24th – 26th, 2012 in San Antonio, Texas. This conference, supported by the Southwestern Texas Regional Advisory Council, will announce the findings of a 3-year program led by a research team from the American Medical Association and funded by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
The primary objective of this conference is to demonstrate the relevance and value of a secure personal health information system for use in disasters and other day-to-day medical emergencies. Through discussions with senior health officials and policymakers in the public and private sectors from across the US and a simulation demonstration of the "smart” card technology, the conference will explore how this prototype technology can be the following:
* An effective public health tool for disaster and emergency situations
* A secure patient and provider identification card
* An effective e-health tool to connect consumers, responders and providers through integration across electronic medical record systems
* A platform to integrate emergency response and everyday health care systems
Tuesday, April 24
* Overview of grant and conference
* Speakers including local and national dignitaries
* Presentations/panels featuring national and international leaders involved in disaster policy, management and decision-making, along with private-sector leaders involved in developing smart card and e-health technologies
* Fiesta” reception
Wednesday, April 25
* Simulated demonstration of the Health Security Card as a Public Health tool in a disaster scenario
* Single patient encounter showcasing the value of the card as an integrative link in eHealth
Thursday, April 26
We expect a great deal of interest in this very important event and we hope that you will be able to attend. Please click here for up-to-date information about the conference and to register.
Registration will close on March 30, 2012; space is limited, so please register early! For any other inquires about the conference, please contact Bidisha Sinha, MPH at email@example.com