- Analyzing and responding to legislation, regulation, and policy related to preventive medicine
- Developing ACPM policy statements and position papers
- Educating policy makers about preventive medicine and public health issues
- Tapping preventive medicine physicians to serve on federal advisory committees and panels
- Developing grassroots strategy to mobilize members into action
Important policy issues for the College include:
- Financing for preventive medicine residency training;
- Tobacco prevention and control;
- Coverage of preventive health services;
- Federal support for prevention programs;
- Promotion of healthy lifestyles;
- Improving patient safety
The ACPM policy process includes the following components:
The ACPM Policy Setting and Implementation Process provides a comprehensive blueprint for how ACPM develops and carries out policy.
Make sure you check out the Latest Policy News pages as well.